Maša Filipovič Hrast
Assistant Professor, Researcher
Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Maša Filipovič Hrast is a researcher and assistant professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana. Her main research topics are social inclusion, vulnerable groups, social and housing policy. She focuses in particular on homelessness and the elderly as vulnerable groups, and poverty and social exclusion. In addition, she also works on topics linked to community and cohesion. She is a member of the Sociology department at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana and lectures at undergraduate level (Social Exclusion and Inclusion Policies, Sociology of Social Policy) and postgraduate level (Sociology of Social Problems).
Recent research projects
- Evaluation of Resolution on National programme for equal opportunities for women and men (2013).
- ‘Improving the supply of non-profit housing’ 2012 for the Housing Fund of the City of Ljubljana (2012).
- GINI – Growing inequalities impacts, 7th FP (2011-2012).
- Evaluation of extent of visible and hidden homelessness in Slovenia, Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Affairs (2010).
- Effectiveness of existing mechanisms of ensuring social protection for elderly rural population (2009-2010).
- MPHASIS project – Mutual Progress on Homelessness through Advancing and Strengthening Information Systems (2008-2009).
- Poverty and material deprivation of elderly (2008-2009), CRP, National research agency.
- Part of European Observatory on Homelessness, Feantsa (2005 -2008, 2013).
- EGGSI – European Network of Experts on Gender, Social Inclusion, Health and Long Term Care (2008-2011).
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, IGNJATOVIĆ, Miroljub. Slovenia : an equal society despite the transition. V: NOLAN, Brian (ur.). Changing inequalities and societal impacts in rich countries : thirty countries’ experiences. 1st ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014, str. 593-615,
- BUSCH-GEERTSEMA, Volker, BENJAMINSEN, Lars, FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, PLEACE Nicholas. Extent and profile of homelessness in European member states : a statistical update, (EOH comparative studies on homelessness, 4). Brussels: FEANTSA, 2014.
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Scaling up housing first in Europe. European journal of homelessness, Dec. 2014, vol. 8, no. 2, str. 255-259.FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, KOPAČ, Anja, RAKAR, Tatjana. Social exclusion of elderly in Central and Eastern Europe. International journal of social economics, vol. 40, no. 11, str. 971-989,
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, HLEBEC, Valentina, KAVČIČ, Matic. The social exclusion of the elderly : a mixed-methods study in Slovenia. Sociologický časopis, vol. 48, no. 6, str. 1051-1074, tabele.http://sreview.soc.cas.cz/uploads/a984f7ec71a6f71680049a19f8747af886d908b1_12-6-03Hrast15.indd.pdf.
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, SOMOGYI, Eszter, TELLER, Nóra. The role of NGOs in the governance of homelessness in Hungary and Slovenia. European journal of homelessness, , Dec. 2009, vol. 3, str. 101-125.
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Media representations of homelessness and the link to (effective) policies: the case of Slovenia. European journal of homelessness, , Dec. 2008, vol. 2, str. 115-137
- EDGAR, Bill, FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša, DANDOLOVA, Iskra. Home ownership and marginalisation. European journal of homelessness, , Dec. 2007, vol. 1, str. 141-160.
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Representations of homelessness. In: SMITH, Susan (ed.). International encyclopedia of housing and home. 1st ed. Oxford: Elsevier, 2012, zv. 6, str. 54-58.
- HLEBEC, Valentina, FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Slovenia. In: PALMORE, Erdman Ballagh (ed.). The international handbook on aging : current research and developments. 3rd ed. Santa Barbara; Denver; Oxford: Praeger, cop. 2009, str. 475-484.
- MANDIČ, Srna, FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Homelessness “in transition” : a Slovenian study.In: DOHERTY, Joe (ed.), EDGAR, Bill (ed.). In my caravan, I feel like superman . St. Andrews: FEANTSA, Centre for Housing Research, St.Andrew, 2008, str. 127-143.
- FILIPOVIČ HRAST, Maša. Housing conditions and housing standard of families with children and youth. In ČRNAK-MEGLIČ, Andreja (ed.). Children and youth in the transitional society : analysis of the situation in Slovenia, (Collection Juventa). Ljubljana: Ministry of Education and Sport, The Slovenian Office for Youth; Maribor: Aristej, 2006, str. 201-217.